Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What Came First: The Shower or the Food?

Let me lay out a simple scenario and how I feel about the topic, and you can chime in with your feelings in the comments!

I went golfing this morning with my dad.  We were gone from roughly 9:15am until 3pm.  On our way back home, we talked to my mom, who asked if we wanted any food fixed for us.  We did.  On a scale from 1-10, 10 being the hungriest, we were both probably around a 6.  When we got home, I was in a bit of a dilemma: do I wait for the food to finish and eat it first, or do I go take a shower and then eat?

So let's generalize it: you go play a sport or exercise in some fashion and you come home, a little bit past your normal eating time, with a medium level of hunger.  Do you sit down and have something to eat first, or do you take a shower first?

For me, the answer is almost always the shower first.  I don't feel as comfortable eating when my whole body has been sweating for awhile.  It does delay the intake of food, but it just makes me more comfortable to be clean before I eat.

Is it just me, or are some of you like that too?

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, sometimes I'm so hungry that I just don't care about the shower immediately. Gives me time to quit sweating before I shower too :P

    ReplyDelete