Thursday, June 14, 2012

What the heck, man? Clembough

It's been awhile since I've dived into a WTHM entry, but it's also been that long since I've gone fishing around my favorite sites for some WTHM inspiration.  Also, I've used the acronym WTHM three times now to reinforce it as a thing.  To that, you might say... What the heck, man? (WTHM).

Anyway, let's get going.  This is going to be a fun one.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57452296-1/groupon-charges-$1000-to-name-your-baby-for-you/


Summary: The geniuses at Groupon have announced that as the "World's Foremost Authority in Baby Naming", they are making you an offer that you absolutely cannot refuse.  You can purchase the name "Clembough" for your child from Groupon for the measly sum of $1000.  Apparently, at least six buyers have already jumped on board.

Notable Facts/Ideas: Clembough is available as a name regardless of your future child's gender.  Also, there are no specific instructions on the pronunciation of "Clembough".

Opinion: I'm imagining that the name has some sort of trademark; otherwise, I can't imagine why we need to purchase the name at this point.  Will there be a Clembough Kim roaming the streets in the future?  I mean, probably, but only if they offer me like a 30% discount on the purchase.  Regardless, this is quite the campaign for Groupon, if only because they've already got six saps signed on to purchase the name.  Also, I'm really having trouble deciding on how I want to pronounce this name.  "Clem-bow"?  "Clem-baw"?  "Clem-bah"?  I guess it might depend on the gender of the child too.

All in all, this is certainly an occasion that marks the return of *deep breath* "What the heck, man?"

No comments:

Post a Comment